Making a Lifestyle Change

I’ve always been heavy, but my weight kept going up after I graduated high school. I’ve tried to lose weight off and on over the years, and with the exception of the one time I made significant progress for my brother’s wedding (down to my lowest weight since high school at 215ish) I mostly just go down and up and down and up.

I’m not very good at committing to making changes, mostly because I don’t want to give things up, but at almost 36 that has got to change. I want more out of my life and the fact that I am so overweight sticks in my head and I don’t have a lot of self confidence. I keep remember what it was like that summer that I was around 215 and it was amazing the difference of 35 lbs makes in how I feel.

This school year I packed on 25 lbs and if I’m being honest I don’t even know why other than just plain lack of will power and a lot of “I’ll eat better tomorrow”. I was at a new school, which was much less stressfull and I had more time as the commute was less and I only had one prep instead of two. I had time to exercise. I had time to cook and eat better. I just didn’t do it.

It’s time for no excuses. I want to get out and do things. I know that I can do those things without losing the weight, but I don’t feel comfortable in my own skin right now and that makes the doing and the going out harder. I want to feel good about myself again.

So I’m going all in. This is my summer of making a lifestyle change. I have a plan and desire to stick to it. I may even up the ante later this summer and try the Whole 30 (I’ve thought about this off and on for awhile but man giving up dairy is hard, but it’s only 30 days so that’s not so bad).

I’m going to use this blog as a place for me to write out what’s happening, how it’s going, etc. Hopefully things will be going well and this will be a positive weight loss and health management space for everyone.

Comments