Overcoming, Not Giving Up

This first week of DietBet I’ve been weighing myself every day. This is something I’ve done in the past and when I’m actively making a weight loss effort it works to help me stay on track. But after today I’m wondering if that is gone for me. Next week I may just weigh myself on Sunday and see if that helps me any.

The biggest problem I’ve always had in losing weight is as soon as I make a mistake (as I did yesterday) I go full on in “I already ruined this day so I might as well eat everything today” or “I already screwed up this week so why not have this piece of cheesecake with chocolate on top”. I am trying to make a much better effort to eat healthier, but I’m also watching my finances so rather than throw food away I’m eating what I have and replacing it with healthier choices. As I was putting away my groceries yesterday I found a tube of cinnamon rolls. For the day my calories were under as I had a smaller than average lunch so I popped those babies in the oven and ate 3. Then I went to log it. Rookie mistake there and I am no rookie. I know that I wouldn’t have had three if I had looked that up first. At 340 calories a pop… it was not good for the day. Thankfully given the exercise I did for the day my net calories weren’t too bad, but still, its the point that I made a bad choice.

On the more positive side of things, I didn’t go ahead and throw the whole day away and I’m not throwing the week away either. I also went out by myself and heading down to the James River to do some walking. Despite living in the Richmond area for 10 years I’ve never taken the time to head down there. I’m not really an outdoorsy kind of girl, but I’m trying to become at least a little more outdoorsy. I also made healthier choices while I was out grocery shopping (and passed up that cheesecake I was talking about).

Comments