I've Decided That the Whole30 is NOT for Me

Oh man, after reading all the things and preparing for doing all the things after 2 legit days and about 4 days of mostly-except-for-one-thing Whole30 I have come to the conclusion that it’s not for me.
Why?
  1. The fact that I have to read every single label on every single thing every time I go to the grocery store stressed me out. I knew these “compliant” products existed but couldn’t find some of them at my grocery store and I’m not going to go around to three different stores or drive 40 minutes to Whole Foods.
  2. The rules. Ugh, way too many and the level of seriousness for these rules is serious. Someone posted in the forum that she had ONE BITE of something her mom made that she was told was compliant and it wasn’t actually compliant and was so upset that she had to start over. Sorry, but that’s not my jam.
  3. I looked around for different groups on Facebook and well I found the people to be nice and supportive, it was still super intense.
  4. I can’t eat eggs for breakfast every day.
This is not a knock on the Whole30, if it works for you, great. It just didn’t work for me.
I did gain some knowledge from the book though that I will continue to pursue going forward on my journey.
  1. The carbs gotta go, or at least be seriously limited.
  2. Eat more protein and more veggies, I did feel better and had more energy after eating protein.
  3. Say NO to added sugars.
Going forward I’m going to work on making healthier choices. No more popping in to Sheetz for fries and a sub. No more frozen pizzas. More veggies and cooked chicken and hamburgers etc.
We’ll see how this goes, but I’m looking forward to this new path.
Why the road closed sign? Because just like this road outside my neighborhood, I’m under construction too.

Comments